Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Not to be outdone by her sister....


...my Emmy girl decided that she needed to
decorate her jeans, too.



She came to me, old faded jeans
and permanent Bic markers in hand.




Knowing her artistic bent,
I thought, "Why not?"

 

 

...and "What would it hurt?"
They turned out cute, I think.


 Emily also entered two photographs in
a local art show.  She enlarged the photos
to 11" x 14" and put them in nice frames.
We dropped them off today,
I can't wait to go in and see them on display!


This photograph was not altered in any way - it's just as she took it
in my parents' garden.  Two gorgeous butterflies were feasting
on a rotting apple, she just happened to have her camera.




And this one of Gabriel was taken when he was less than one day old,
when she came to see me in the hospital.
What I really love about it is the
way she captured the soft, white light
and his sweetness.
I think I like it because she recorded more
than a moment in time,
she also captured a feeling.

6 comments:

  1. Your "Emily girl" is one talented and creative young woman. Her blue jean artwork is beautiful and those photos are stunning! Thank you for sharing her and her lovely work with us, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the jeans and the photos! So very creative! Thanks for sharing!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jeans! Very hippie-like!

    And the photos are awesome. She has an "eye" for God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are just stunning. I bet she wins. :)

    Love all your crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I'd had jeans like that when I was in HS! Those are awesome!

    And the pictures are stunning! I bet she wins! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting Jeans, well taken pics. :)

    ReplyDelete